Tips for Sinusitis Sufferers
You may have sinusitis if you suffer from:
- symptoms of upper respiratory infection lasting ten days or more.
- facial pressure or pain.
- nasal discharge that is yellow or green.
- post-nasal drip.
At-home treatments for sinusitis include:
- saline nasal sprays that moisturize the nasal cavity, reduce dryness, and
help clear thick or crusty mucus.
- humidification (moisturizing the air) of living spaces in dry climates
will aid the movement of mucus through the sinuses.
A physician visit for your sinus pain will:
- determine if you have an infection requiring an appropriate antibiotic.
- discover if you require intensive medical treatment for a condition such
as nasal obstructions, necessitating sinus surgery.
© 2004 AAO-HNS/AAO-HNSF
Please read our disclaimer. Any information provided on this Web site should not be considered medical advice or a substitute for a consultation with Dr. Hector N. Hernandez or other healthcare professional. If you have a medical problem, contact us for diagnosis and treatment.